Jan 31, 2019

New top story on Hacker News: Ask HN: How to RTFM?

Ask HN: How to RTFM?
12 by rja907 | 8 comments on Hacker News.
I have seen dozens of times that people direct to the language manuals etc. to understand something in depth. I am a new college grad working as a Software Engineer and I mostly reference the manual when I cannot find something on Stackoverflow or some blog. Whenever I have tried to go through the manual, the kind of language used has diminished my interest and ended up in my giving it up. Also, I don't have an eidetic memory, so I don't see how manuals can be useful in the real sense but I really want to go in depth of some topics like PostgreSQL, Spring, Javascript, Python etc. It would be great to hear if someone actually reads the manual and is able to successfully apply it in their lives...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

'; (function() { var dsq = document.createElement('script'); dsq.type = 'text/javascript'; dsq.async = true; dsq.src = '//' + disqus_shortname + '.disqus.com/embed.js'; (document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0] || document.getElementsByTagName('body')[0]).appendChild(dsq); })();

Site Search